Monday, January 31, 2011

Winter Flight (ie Winter Fight)

I am only uploading one pic... because it's all I have space for.

This was race #3, and ironically I got bib #3!  This race was the Salsibury Winter Flight, 8k (5 miles).  Tough course.  Uphill and a head wind.  My last several races I have taken off way too quickly.  This proved to be no different.  It was a fantasic day for a run, sunny and a little cool!  The best part was that the race didn't start until 10:00!

This pic is one that made the Salisbury Post.
The article says I am actually Cathy Mitchell, and that my friend Amy and I just happened to cross the finish line at the same time.  Hardly the truth, we train together, no coincidence we run the same pace.  She did run behind me most of the race, until the last 100 yards.  Then she passed me!  I caught her and said I wasn't leaving her.  I grabbed her arm as we crossed the finish line so there was no question we had the same time!  :)  41.28 was my official time, pace of 8:17.  Pretty good for me, but nothing compared to my 7:19 pace on New Year's Eve!  Oh, well. 

I had some great friends and Chad to run and support me. 

Still not sure what race #4 will be. 

I do know now that my thyroid surgery will be March 4, trying to squeeze in a couple extra races in Feb to make up for my down time in March.

No comments: